Dell Celebrates 20 Years of Precision Product Line and Announces New Workstations. Dell Precision launches new desktop models and the anniversary edition of the new Precision 5520 mobile workstation. Dell also announces Dell Canvas, a smart digital desktop.
At SIGGRAPH 2017, held July 30-Aug. 3 in Los Angeles, customers and partners were the first to see the company’s next-generation workstations: the Precision 5820 Tower, Precision 7820 Tower and Precision 7920 Tower, as well as the Precision 7920 Rack. Systems are completely redesigned to make your workflows even more creative.
New Dell Precision tower workstations combine an innovative and flexibly configurable chassis with powerful next-generation Intel® Xeon® processors, next-generation Radeon™ Pro graphics and high-performance NVIDIA® Quadro® professional graphics cards.
Certified for professional software applications, the new systems are configured to efficiently handle demanding projects such as virtual reality VR content development. Exclusive Dell Reliable Memory Technology RMT Pro ensures that memory issues won’t disrupt your workflow, and exclusive proprietary Dell Precision Optimizer DPO software adapts system performance for your unique combination of hardware and software.
Fully customizable configuration options provide the flexibility to handle almost any work task, including:
– The latest Intel® Xeon® processors are a great choice for artificial intelligence AI tasks. They deliver agile performance on a multitude of workloads, including machine learning ML and deep learning DL tasks. For customers new to AI tasks, the new Dell Precision workstations enable software optimized for existing Intel infrastructure.
– NVIDIA Quadro® GP100 graphics will also facilitate the development and adoption of cognitive technologies such as DL and ML applications. Other NVIDIA Pascal GPU options include HBM2 memory, and NVLink technologies deliver unprecedented power, performance and features for professional users when creating complex computer-aided engineering CAE projects and working with realistic VR environments.
– Radeon™ Pro SSG graphics with fast HBM2 memory and 2TB SSD enables real-time 8K video editing and playback for high performance computing of massive datasets and rendering of large projects. Adobe Premiere Pro™ and Adobe After Effects™ have also announced a fully integrated Radeon Pro SSG API solution that allows creative professionals to push the limits of many current editing and content playback tasks.
The Dell Precision 7920 Rack workstation in a 2U form factor is ideal for secure remote work and offers the same power and scalability as high-performance tower workstations.
Rahul Tikoo, vice president and general manager for Dell Precision workstations“When we look back at the 20-year history of Dell Precision workstations, we can see how the capabilities of our workstations, combined with certified and optimized software and the creativity of our customers, have achieved amazing results. Like these breakthroughs, the new line of Dell Precision workstations allows our customers to prepare for the next great technological revolution, one that challenges established business models and creates disruptions across industries.
Dell Precision 5520 Anniversary Edition is a limited edition Dell Precision 5520 mobile workstation model for the 20th anniversary of the Precision line. It’s Dell’s thinnest, lightest and most compact mobile workstation available for a limited time, with an exclusive finish in durable anodized aluminum in a new deep blue Abyss with fingerprint-resistant coating.
At SIGGRAPH 2017, Dell also announced the Dell Canvas product, which will be available worldwide starting August 29. Dell Canvas, a new workspace specifically designed to work naturally with digital technologies.
The device is a 27-inch QHD touchscreen that sits horizontally on your desk, and can complement your existing PC and the latest Windows 10 Creator updates. It comes complete with a digital pen that offers high tactile accuracy, and a special rotary knob “totem” offers access to a variety of menus and makes it easy to interact with shortcuts. Dell Canvas already supports some important professional applications.
For the past 20 years, Dell Precision workstations have helped bring creative ideas to life with high-performance, fully customizable features designed to meet the needs of today’s professionals. Since launching this product line in 1997 with the Dell Precision 400 workstation, these systems are designed to meet the needs of both technical and creative professionals.
– Dell Precision 5820, 7820, 7920 Tower and 7920 Rack workstations will be available through the company’s official partners beginning Oct. 3, 2017.
– Dell Canvas on sale Aug. 29.
– The Dell Precision 5520 Anniversary Edition workstation is available for order through the company’s official partners.