New York, January 21, 2015. – Oregon Scientific, the world’s leading manufacturer of educational and developmental devices, presents on the American market a new model of a “smart” globe – Oregon Scientific Smart Globe Star SG18-11, allowing in a game form to learn about the world around us and develop an interest in discovering new things around us. The device is equipped with educational themes and for the first time there is a function of night mode, which allows to learn about 88 constellations surrounding us with comfort and to get acquainted with myths about them.
Novelty, designed for children and teenagers, allows you to learn the world around us in the form of a game and instills interest in geography and history, and night mode function will introduce the constellations and myths about them.
The new model of Oregon Scientific Smart Globe Star SG18-11 is designed to explore the world and constellations in a playful way. More than 30 educational themes preloaded on the device. Kids and teens can get a lot of information about continents, countries and their capitals, time zones and the highest geographic points on Earth, learn about different countries and their histories, national anthems, leaders, currency units, and much more in regular mode.
For the first time in this class of devices, the night mode with the function of backlighting in the dark allows you to get acquainted with 88 constellations and get detailed information about them. In addition, the smart globe will tell the myths of the constellations, as well as allow you to play 6 preset games related to them on the device.
“The Oregon Scientific Smart Globe Star SG18-11 has a voice-activated function that can tell you a lot about countries, continents or constellations of interest. Globe comes with wireless stylus for easy use.
In addition to the preinstalled information available in the device can be updated by connecting to the Internet. And the retractable country map in the base of the globe gives you more ways to use it. It is also worth noting that the device meets all European standards and is absolutely safe for use by children. The information on the globe is not on the outside, but inside the sphere, covered with a transparent layer on top.
New product is designed for children and teenagers from 5 to 15 years old and suitable for several people to use at the same time. Therefore, it can be used for “non-boring” study of geography and celestial constellations in educational institutions, among other things.
Oregon Scientific Smart Globe Star SG18-11 went on sale in America, and at the time of this press release is available at 18 500 Dollars.
– More than 30 themed learning categories country leaders, currency, time zones, continents, capitals, population, highest geographic points, distances, national anthems, and more
– “Night Mode” with dark backlight function, information about 88 constellations, 6 games and myths about them
– Auxiliary LED light on the game pad
– Regular data update via the Internet
– Suitable for use by multiple people at the same time
– Retractable map of the country
– Wireless stylus
– Built-in speaker
– Age groups: 5-8, 9-14, and 15+ constellation games with no age restrictions
– Power: 2 AAA batteries for the stylus and 4 AA batteries for the globe included
– Built-in Memory: 64 MB
– The dimensions of the device: 12.28 h 10.16 h 14.96 inches
– OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
– Processor: 32-bit x86 1GHz or faster
– RAM: 512MB
– Built-in memory: 200 MB
– Internet access
– Wireless stylus
– Cable for connecting to a PC
– AC adapter optional
– User guide
– Warranty card