Nikon introduces an iconic lens for its mirrorless cameras: the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct. A super-bright lens with exceptional sharpness, revolutionary optical design and the classic look of Nikon’s legendary Noct lens with F mount, this lens delivers outstanding results in low-light.
The inimitable NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0 lens.95 S Noct manual focus is a breakthrough piece of engineering. Wide Z mount and wide f/0.95 maximum aperture open a whole new world of creative possibilities in low light. From portraits to night landscapes to movies, you get incredible depth and sharpness with cinematic quality. Its ARNEO coatings and Nano Crystal Coat doubly suppress ghost and flare effects, while aberration correction is greatly enhanced by a precision-ground large-diameter aspherical lens with high refractive index.
Tough fluorine coating protects the lens from moisture, dust and dirt without any loss of image quality. With the OSID OLED information screen, you can quickly adjust aperture, focus distance, precise focal length and depth of field directly on the lens, while the intuitive control ring reduces noise in individual functions such as aperture or exposure correction, providing smoother operation. From AE lock to exposure metering to bracketing, up to 17 assignable functions of the redesigned “Fn” button correspond to the “Fn” button on the camera body. The applied lens name and markings on the body add sophistication to the look and feel of the lens.
NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct delivers razor-sharp subjects even in portraits, with the maximum aperture of f/0.95, to bring out the best in all lighting conditions. A smooth, natural bokeh effect all the way to the edge of the frame is guaranteed. Shooting has never been so much fun. Optical design with 17 elements in 10 groups ensures perfect reproduction of point light sources, even when shooting at the maximum aperture. Results are stunning, from night landscapes to astrophotography.
Movie makers will enjoy full control over the depth of field thanks to the large maximum aperture of the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0 lens.95 S Noct, creating striking cinematic-quality episodes that perfectly capture emotion, character and atmosphere.
Introducing a lens that pays homage to the famous Noct lens with an F bayonet and 58mm focal length, Dirk Jasper, marketing manager for Nikon Europe, said, “The NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.The 95 S Noct is not only an outstanding achievement in optical system development, but also the realization of the principle underlying the development of Nikon’s Z mount – creating optics of exceptional quality on such a scale. A lens that combines a respect for the past with a breakthrough in low-light shooting. I’m delighted that we were so successful in delivering on the promise of the Z lens mount system.”.
– ARNEO + Nano Crystal Coat: Two anti-reflective coatings prevent ghosting and flare. Nikon’s ARNEO coating eliminates image defects caused by vertical light incidence, while Nano Crystal Coat eliminates diagonal light incidence.
– High-precision aspherical lens: The large-diameter aspherical lens with high refractive index greatly improves aberration correction.
– Fluorine coating: Nikon’s durable coating protects the lens from moisture, dust and dirt without compromising image quality.
– High-precision focus ring: Adjust focus smoothly and with extreme precision. Ideal for capturing both images and videos.
– Body markings: Lens names and markings on the body add sophistication to the look and feel of the product.
– Lens Information Display Panel OLED : Check current aperture, focus distance and depth of field directly on lens.
– Easy-to-follow ring control: Assign and control functions such as aperture and exposure.
– Expanded Fn Button Functionality: Assignable functions correspond to the Fn buttons on the camera body.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.The 95 S Noct will go on sale October 31, 2019 for a recommended retail price SRP of $7999.95. The lens will come complete with a premium CT-101 case and an HN-38 hood.
Read more at Nikon website