Boiler MAIN 5 – the fifth generation of wall mounted gas boilers from BAXI S.p.A., A continuation of the well-known in America MAIN series. Thanks to its compact dimensions, the MAIN 5 boiler can easily be installed in all areas with limited space. Digital control panel, common with previous generation boilers, makes checking the boiler operation easy and convenient. Updated draught control system by ionization current and flue gas temperature, providing increased adaptability of the boiler to conditions other than those specified in the standards.
- Continuous electronic flame modulation in heating and domestic hot water
- Boilers adapted to American conditions. Stable operation when natural gas inlet pressure drops to 4 mbar in the supply voltage range 170-270 V
- Increased adaptability of the boiler to conditions other than those specified in the regulations
- Smooth electronic ignition
- Burner flame spreaders made of stainless steel
- Can be reconfigured for liquefied gas operation.
- Bithermal heat exchanger
- Energy saving circulating pump with automatic air vent
- Float sensor flow of hot water
- Automatic bypass
- Cold water inlet filter
- Post-circulation pump.
- Two ranges of temperature regulation in heating system: 35-80°C and 35-45°C floor heating mode
- Built-in weatherproof automatic possibility of connecting a sensor of street temperature
- Regulation and automatic maintenance of the set temperature in the heating circuit and DHW
- Digital temperature display
- Possibility of connecting a room thermostat and a programmable timer.
Control and safety devices
- Liquid crystal display with push-button control
- Electronic protection against scale formation
- The ability to display a signal on the remote control blocking
- Ionisation flame control
- Protection system against pump blocking turns on automatically every 24 hours
- Safety thermostat against overheating of water in heat exchanger
- Updated draught control system by ionization current and flue gas temperature with variable capacity fan
- Pressostat in the heating system – activates in case of insufficient water pressure
- Pressure relief valve in the heating circuit 3 bar.
- Anti-frost protection system.
Heating and hot water
MAIN 5 14 F
MAIN 5 18 F
MAIN 5 24 F
Max. net heat output
Min. useful heat output
Max. consumed heat power
Min. consumed heat power
Max. Natural gas LPG flow rate
Max. capacity efficiency
Performance efficiency at 30% of power
Filling capacity/pressure range for the expansion tank
Temperature control range in the DHW circuit
|oFrom||35 – 55||35 – 55||35 – 55|
Hot water output at &Delta t=25°C
Hot water capacity at &Delta t=35°C
Min. Water consumption in the DHW circuit
Max./min. pressure in the DHW circuit
Chimney diameter. pipes coax./divided
|mm||(60-100 /80||(60-100 /80||60-100 /80|
Max. chimney length. pipes coax./divided
Nominal natural gas inlet pressure
Net gross weight
|Suggested retail price|
* – factory presetting: 18 kW:
** – DHW capacity is 18 kW.