Kingston Digital, Inc., Flash memory manufacturing division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world leader in memory and technology solutions, announces the NVMe™ PCIe SSD A2000, the next generation single-sided solid state drive in M.2 with 3D NAND designed for the consumer segment. The Kingston A2000 SSD offers high performance, reduced power consumption and heat dissipation at an affordable price, making it the ideal solution when upgrading ultrabooks and laptops.
“Kingston is proud to introduce a new generation of entry-level NVMe PCIe drives. Thanks to its single-sided slim M.2 interface, the A2000 makes the most of its potential when installed in an ultrabook or other small form factor system, making it the ideal drive for users looking to upgrade their PC,” said Justin Karasek, SSD Manager at Kingston. – Additionally, with self-encryption, users can be assured that their data is protected and secure when used with the right TCG Opal 2 solution.0″.
The A2000 offers an affordable storage solution with read/write speeds up to 2200/2000MB/s, three times the performance of SATA drives. Ideal for first-time users and system builders who value fast response and ultra-fast load times. A2000 supports 256-bit AES encryption and TCG Opal 2 technology.0, enabling solutions from independent security management software vendors including Symantec™, McAfee™, WinMagic® and others. The drive also features built-in support for eDrive, a storage security specification for use with BitLocker.
Available in 250GB, 500GB and 1TB2 capacities, the A2000 SSD comes with a five-year warranty and free tech support.
– Form Factor: M.2 2280
– Interface: NVMe™ PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4 tracks
– NAND: 3D
– Encryption: 256-bit AES hardware encryption
– Serial Write/Read: 250GB up to 2000/1100MB/s 500GB up to 2200/2000MB/s 1TB up to 2200/2000MB/s
– Random 4K read/write: 250GB up to 150,000/180,000 operations per second 500GB up to 180,000/200,000 operations per second 1TB up to 250,000/220,000 operations per second
– Number of rewrite cycles TBW : 250 GB – 150 TBW 500 GB – 350 TBW 1 TB – 600 TBW
– Power consumption: 0.0032W standby 0.08W average 1.7W maximum read 4.5W maximum write
– Operating Temperature: 0°C~70°C
– size: 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm
– Vibration tolerance: 2.17G maximum 7-800Hz
– Vibration tolerance: 20G maximum 20-1000Hz
– MTBF: 2,000,000